Select tab for week, Select Cell and enter Value in Bottom Block press update

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

After 5 Years of Running, I Have My First Blister...

Strange as it may sound, in 5 years of running, I've never had a blister. Maybe it's good foot genes, maybe the right shoes, or maybe I'm just plain lucky. Well, my no blister streak has come to an untimely end and I would appreciate some advice on what to do.

On March 14th I purchased a new pair of Asics. They weren't the exact same model as my previous pair, which I loved, but the FF salesman said they replaced my model. Sure enough, after the first run a small blister developed on my heal. In the two and a half weeks since I started running with these shoes (About 65 miles) the blister has grown to the size of about a quarter. It doesn't bother me a lot when I'm running but I do feel it. My big worry is it will get worse before my 10 miler on 4/11.

So, any advice on what I should or shouldn't do? (I know Todd would insert a picture here, but I don't want to gross anybody out with a look at my less than handsome foot.)

3 comments:

Doug Woznicki said...

I think this sounds like reasonable advice. Take a look

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/47/15.cfm

As for why. Are they loose. maybe wear an extra sock. Try a running sock like wigwams next to the foot and a bulkier on next to the shoe.

FF Shoes. Give them a call and see if they will swap. I had that problem and they did. Not heel but toebox.

Hope this helps

Todd Wasil said...

Just pour beer on it. Of course, not the good stuff, use bud lite.

Todd Wasil said...

Be a man already and toughen up.

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name