Select tab for week, Select Cell and enter Value in Bottom Block press update

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Monday. Circuit Training

I found a recommended change to my running plan and I implemented the first one this week. I have done weight training before but usually on a rest / xt day. Yesterday I added circuit training. It started with a 2 mile (2.5 actual because the gym was busy) easy run (9:00 Pace) and then 2 rotation of 10 Weight Training Sets. 8 are arm and 2 were legs. Then there is a 2 mile (beginners) or 4 mile run after (4.5 actually because I felt good). The Exercises are an in pairs to optimize value and you should stay aerobic in between the pairs. Its slightly time consuming but good. I found it hard to start second run but easy to get back to 9:00. I finished with 2 sets of three legs. I t was a good workout. Thanks to the President's day Holiday I had tiem to do it. I plan on doing this each week. Maybe twice on short run days. This morning I only felt a little bit in arms from Flys and in Legs from the Leg Presses. I would recommend it to anyone. I found this in my "Complete Book of Running" from Runners World

0 comments:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name