Select tab for week, Select Cell and enter Value in Bottom Block press update

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hard run but worth it

Well boys, I had the most difficult run of my running career so far. I hit the so called wall at 14.5. Sean, Chuck and I ran ten together on Chuck's hill route then Chuck and I did another 6 on the hill route. We finished 16 miles at a 9:02 pace but I actually had to stop and walk at around 14 miles for a minute or two. I have never done that before. My mistake was only eating a small oatmeal quaker bar and one GU. Plus, those hills are truly unreal when you reach high mileage. Chuck told me that he has never been able to finish a 20 mile on his neighborhood routes and now I know why. WOW WOW WOW is all I can say. But now that I am at home I feel good and ready to do it again. Although next Saturday I am doing the flat tow path for sure for 18 miles. That will feel like a walk in the park compared to those damn hills. Thanks for a great run Sean and Chuck. Sorry the rest of the group could not be there.

Todd

2 comments:

Doug Woznicki said...

Glad to hear it. Was wondering where you ran?. I know the area and feel the burn. I got my wimpy 6.67 in right around my house. So I can have a quiet Sunday for a change. Enjoy the recovery. Iwill be out for a 16 next week and a 20 the week after.

Joe said...

Awesome run guys! I can't believe the hard, long mileage you're putting in. After running Chuck's hills, the Rite-Aid should be very doable.

Last Thursday I changed my hill run to Chuck's backyard. I did 6.25 starting with the Mayor's 5K route and extending out to three out and three back. My legs are still a little sore but, man, what a run. I was surprised to finish with a 9:17 overall pace so maybe I'll tag along with you guys the next time you hit the hills.

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name